Zen Glass Oil Warmer & Candle
$16.99 – $36.99
Ahhh, scent is an element of subjective assessment… too strong, not enough, just right, etc. With the PATENTED Firefly Zen Aromatherapy Glass Oil Warmer and Candle, you can adjust the scent to your liking. We call the glass shelf that sits below the rim, the “AROMA DECK”. This is where you can safely drip your essential oils without fear of burning them. The heat from the aluminum wick collar will warm and “blossom” or “throw” the fragrance.
For a subtle scent, add 2 drops of essential oil, light the flame and wait 5 minutes or so. The aluminum wick holder will heat up in that time and the scent will blossom. If you want a stronger scent, blow out the flame and add another drop. A little essential oil goes a long way.
The candle flame is also protected by the integrated wind shield. Now you can use the candle outdoors without the wind blowing it out.
The refillable candle holds approximately 6 oz. of fuel. We also include an easy-fill funnel.
The Zen uses a Firefly 2.6mm cotton wick (included). Replacements are available on this site and Amazon.
The Firefly candle is very economical. It is a new twist on the traditional liquid candle. We suggest using Firefly Candle & Lamp Oil. A 32-ounce bottle with give you about 6 hours of burn time per ounce. So, the math is 6 x 32 = 192 hours. Times May Vary. Purchase multiple scents and use in a single reusable liquid candle. It is an eco-friendly alternative to wax and disposable oil candles and fuel cells.
- Hand blown, Single-Piece Glass Oil Lamp Including Wick, Aluminum Collar and a Small Plastic Funnel for Easy Refilling – Diameter: 2-3/4″
- Aromatherapy Deck for Essential Oils (lavender, our favorite) or Home Fragrances plus Wind Protection. Only use 4 to 6 drops. Adding too much is wasteful and may overflow the Aroma Deck and mix with the oil. If that happens, no worries, simply continue to use.
- You can also color your oil using Firefly Lamp Oil Dye. The dye pack contains 3 primary colors – red, blue & yellow. Now you can create any color lamp oil you desire – purple, aqua, green, lavender, pink, etc.
- Fuel Capacity: About 6 oz. The refillable candle makes the perfect unique gift for women, teens and even men. A special, quality gift for under $30 is hard to find and who would not love an eco-friendly refillable candle.
- 2-1/2-inch Diameter by 4-inch Height. The fuel capacity is about 6 ounces. We suggest using Firefly paraffin lamp oil or Firefly CLEAN lamp oil. In-house testing shows Firefly CLEAN fuel lasts significantly longer than our paraffin and is less expensive. Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil will provide approximately 6 hours of burn time per ounce of fuel. And, the lower the wick above the collar, the longer the burn time.
RECOMMENDED LAMP OIL
We recommend using Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil or Paraffin Lamp Oil because they are designed to burn very cleanly producing virtually no soot, smoke or odor. If you choose another brand, please select a high-quality pure liquid paraffin oil as best you can. You want a combustible fuel, NOT A FLAMMABLE fuel. NEVER USE KEROSENE, ACETONE, ALCOHOL, GASOLINE or PAINT THINNER. A combustible fuel requires a wick to burn. A flammable fuel will ignite by touching fire to it. Please do not use any type of vegetable oil because it will not work properly.
Lovingly Caring for Your Firefly Oil Candles
Recommended Lamp Oil
We recommend using Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil, Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil or Firefly Safe & Green because they are designed to burn very cleanly producing virtually no soot, smoke or odor. If you choose another brand, please select a high-quality pure liquid paraffin oil.
NEVER MIX FUELS as mixing will change the burning characteristics.
You want a combustible fuel, NOT a FLAMMABLE fuel. NEVER USE KEROSENE, ACETONE, ALCOHOL, GASOLINE or PAINT THINNER . Sorry for shouting but it’s important 🙂 and please do not use any kind of vegetable oil as it is not a proper fuel for your oil candle.
The wick is the highway for the fuel. Please be sure the wick is completely saturated before lighting it. If you light the wick before it is completely saturated, you will burn the wick and experience smoke.
Never let the fuel run dry as the wick will be compromised and doing so will significantly limit the lifetime of the wick. Wicks require trimming over time when you notice they are not performing properly. Simply, twist and push the wick through the collar and trim to the bottom of the scorched area. IMPORTANT: Untwist the wick before readjusting to the appropriate height, otherwise, your highway becomes a bumpy back road!
The height of the wick should be about 1/16” or less above the collar for the best performance. Flames grow after the initial lighting. Wait for 5 minutes.
Rethreading Your Wick
Oh No! You pulled the wick out of the collar, now what do you do? Easy!
Filling Your Candle
Hold the small plastic tab at the top of the funnel. Insert into the candle. Keep elevated above the candle neck. DO NOT rest the funnel on the candle neck as this will restrict the flow of fuel causing the fuel to potentially overflow making a real mess!
You can figure about 6-8+ hours per ounce of fuel. Firefly CLEAN will burn significantly longer than Firefly Paraffin or Safe & Green.
Additional Important Info
• DO NOT overfill your oil candle. Fill your oil candle 3/4 or less full.
• Never leave burning candles unattended
• The wick collar gets very hot. Let it cool for 10 minutes before touching.
• Lamp Oil is poisonous. Keep it in a safe place.
• Place your candle on a flat, stable surface away from any traffic.
- 5 Benefits To Choosing Products That Use Borosilicate Glass
- Lamp Oil Burn Times in Refillable Tea Light Candles
- Oil Candles & Lamps by Firefly – Maintenance Tips
- Aromatherapy Candle – Zen Petite by Firefly – It’s Refillable!
- Firefly Pillar Oil Candle Gift Set Giveaway
- Winner of the Transcend Oil Candle Giveaway
- Aromatherapy Candles by Firefly – Zen Petite – Refillable
- The Great Firefly Oil Candle Giveaway 2014!
- How To Color Lamp Oil
- How to Thread a Wick into a Wick Holder