CLEAN Lamp Oil
Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil is a Superior Alternative to Paraffin Lamp Oil – Odorless, Sootless & Smokeless. Available with Citronella Oil or Eucalyptus Oil
- Less Expensive and much longer lasting than Paraffin Oil Lamp Fuel (Be sure to view the time-lapse videos)
- Virtually ODORLESS
- Clear and CLEAN Burning
- Will NOT Freeze
- Available pure, with Citronella Oil or Eucalyptus Oil
- Great substitute to Paraffin Fuel
- Available in a Variety of Sizes – 32 Ounces, 1 Gallon, 5 Gallons, 55-Gallon drums/barrels and 330-Gallon Totes
- Smokeless When Used In Vessels That Utilize Small, Round Wicks (1/4″ or less) Or Flat Wicks (1″ or lesss) For Example… Liquid Oil Candles, Oil Lamps, Cold-blast Lanterns, Hurricane Lanterns, Diy Mason Jars, Etc.
- If you are going to use in a large-wick device like a tiki torch, the fuel will produce some smoke and is not smokeless. Keeping the wick as low as possible will reduce fuel consumption and smoke.
One of our customers wrote about our CLEAN Fuel with Citronella Oil – “Your products are magnificent. I’ve used them in Candle Lanterns instead of wax candles and in small lanterns. Absolutely no smoke or soot. Exceptionally clean fuel. Thanks for making such a great product.”
Our Clear CLEAN Lamp Oil is a True Alternative
Firefly Fuel brings to market a new Clear, CLEAN fuel as a DIRECT REPLACEMENT for paraffin lamp oil.
Firefly CLEAN fuel is non-smoking, sootless, odorless, provides a great flame and is longer lasting than paraffin oil. Firefly CLEAN Fuel is just a simple, safe product.
Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil is a direct replacement for paraffin fuel with the same operating characteristics (smokeless, odorless and clean-burning) plus many notable improvements.
• Firefly Clean Fuel Benefits vs. Paraffin Oil
• Less Expensive than Paraffin Oil
• Availability Always readily available.
• Increased Burn Times – In-house testing showed CLEAN fuel burned longer than our paraffin lamp oil for even greater economy (results may vary)
• CLEAN Lamp Oil will NOT freeze.
Available with Citronella Oil or Eucalyptus Oil
The base fuel is virtually odorless. The optional additives we offer to the base odorless fuel are Citronella and Eucalyptus oils. Both provide a fresh, mild scent from the bottle and oil hint when burning.
Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil works well in oil lamps, lanterns and oil candles. It is not suggested for vessels that use a large wick like tiki torches as it will smoke.
Time-Lapse Burn Test
Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil Burning in a Firefly Refillable Tea Light
Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil Burning in a WT Kirkman Lantern and Firefly Votive Candles
I’d like to give you some important tips so that you can get the maximum performance from Firefly Fuels.
All Firefly Fuels require a wick to burn and are combustible, not flammable. Our fuels should not be used in vessels that require alcohol-based fuels.
1) Remove old residual fuel from the fuel reservoir before filling with Firefly Fuel. It doesn’t need to be dishwasher clean, but you certainly don’t want to mix fuels together. Mixing fuels will change their burning properties and may cause excessive smoke.
2) Use a clean wick. The wick is the delivery vehicle for the fuel. If the wick is contaminated with old fuel or water, it will not perform properly. In a pinch, if you only have one wick, the following steps have worked well for our customers. 1) Dry the wick as much as possible using a paper towel. 2) Soak the wick in Firefly Fuel until it is completely saturated. That’s it!
3) The wick should be as low as possible. This will reduce smoke, provide a more consistent flame and conserve fuel. When I say low, I mean just barely above the wick holder. Within 5 minutes your flame will reach its maximum height.
4) When we add citronella or eucalyptus oil to the fuel, it is for the purpose of helping to deter bugs. The base fuel is odorless; however, adding the oils provides a mild scent of either citronella or eucalyptus. For those wanting a stronger scent, we have designed 2 patented aromatherapy candles, the Zen and Zen Petite. These candles allow you to add essential oils to the “Aroma Deck” which throws the scent. The benefits are…1.) You will use considerably less essential oil to achieve a strong scent. 2.) You will not contaminate the fuel, and it will burn cleanly. 3.) You can easily change the scent.
5) FYI. Why is there a stream of smoke when blowing out a flame? This stream is vapor that has condensed into a visible form. It continues to form as long as the wick is hot enough to vaporize. If you touch a lit match to the stream, a flame will run down it and re-light the wick.
6) Excessive smoke can also be caused by wind which inhibits the fuel from completely burning.
7) If you are purchasing a 5-gallon container, Here is a BLOG POST showing how to install the spigot into the 5-gallon container for easy access.
- Picking the Right Fuel for the Job – Free Shipping
- To smoke or not to smoke?
- How long does paraffin lamp oil last?
- Playing with fire CAN be fun!
- Fire Fly Fuels, Inc. Introduces Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic Safe & Green Tiki Torch Fuel and Lamp Oil for Indoor/Outdoor Use
- Lamp Oil and Tiki Torch Fuel Alternatives
- Lamp Oil Burn Times in Refillable Tea Light Candles
- 5-Gallon Containers of Firefly Bulk Lamp Oil or Tiki Torch Fuel
- How To Color Lamp Oil
- CLEAN Lamp Oil Reviews – Firefly Fuels