Bliss Oil Candles
Buy More, Pay Less!
Wikipedia Quote: “emotional state characterized by feelings of enjoyment, pleasure, and satisfaction”
We offer two sizes of the popular Bliss. Our Firefly Bliss candles are hand-blown, round, clear liquid oil candles made from sturdy, yet elegant, borosilicate glass. They are simplistic, elegant and well made. We use several on our dining table at night. The Bliss Candles maintain their beauty night after night and never change unlike messy wax candles. You can use them alone or in a lantern or candle holder. Refilling is a snap with the included funnel.
We suggest using unscented Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil, Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil, or Safe and Green for the best performance. You can easily create colored lamp oil by using Firefly lamp oil dye.
- Diameter at Largest Point: 3 inches
- Height to the tip of the wick is 3-1/4 inches.
- Fuel Capacity at 3/4 is about 2-3/4 Ounces of Lamp Oil.
- Diameter at Largest Point: 3-1/2 inches
- Height to the tip of the wick is 3-5/8 inches.
- Fuel Capacity at 3/4 full is 8 Ounces of Lamp Oil. The Lamp Oil is NOT included but is sold separately.
The Lamp Oil is NOT included but is sold separately. The Bliss uses a Firefly 2.6mm cotton wick. Replacements are available on this site. Burns times are depended on the height of the wick. Setting the wick ever so slightly above the wick holder, just a nub, you can expect burns times of approximately 6 hours per ounce of fuel.
Lovingly Caring for Your Firefly Oil Candles
Recommended Lamp Oil
We recommend using Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil or Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil because both are designed to burn very cleanly producing virtually no soot, smoke or odor. If you choose another brand, please select a high-quality pure liquid paraffin oil.
NEVER MIX FUELS as mixing will change the burning characteristics.
You want a combustible fuel, NOT a FLAMMABLE fuel. NEVER USE KEROSENE, ACETONE, ALCOHOL, GASOLINE or PAINT THINNER . Sorry for shouting but it’s important 🙂 and please do not use any kind of vegetable oil as it is not a proper fuel for your oil candle.
The wick is the highway for the fuel. Please be sure the wick is completely saturated before lighting it. If you light the wick before it is completely saturated, you will burn the wick and experience smoke.
Never let the fuel run dry as the wick will be compromised and doing so will significantly limit the lifetime of the wick. Wicks require trimming over time when you notice they are not performing properly. Simply, twist and push the wick through the collar and trim to the bottom of the scorched area. IMPORTANT: Untwist the wick before readjusting to the appropriate height, otherwise, your highway becomes a bumpy back road!
The height of the wick should be about 1/16” or less above the collar for the best performance. Flames grow after the initial lighting. Wait for 5 minutes.
Rethreading Your Wick
Oh No! You pulled the wick out of the collar, now what do you do? Easy!
Filling Your Candle
Hold the small plastic tab at the top of the funnel. Insert into the candle. Keep elevated above the candle neck. DO NOT rest the funnel on the candle neck as this will restrict the flow of fuel causing the fuel to potentially overflow making a real mess!
You can figure about 6-8+ hours per ounce of fuel. Firefly CLEAN will burn significantly longer than Firefly Paraffin.
Additional Important Info
• DO NOT overfill your oil candle. Fill your oil candle 3/4 or less full.
• Never leave burning candles unattended
• The wick collar gets very hot. Let it cool for 10 minutes before touching.
• Lamp Oil is poisonous. Keep it in a safe place.
• Place your candle on a flat, stable surface away from any traffic.
- 5 Benefits To Choosing Products That Use Borosilicate Glass
- Lamp Oil Burn Times in Refillable Tea Light Candles
- Oil Candles & Lamps by Firefly – Maintenance Tips
- Aromatherapy Candle – Zen Petite by Firefly – It’s Refillable!
- Firefly Pillar Oil Candle Gift Set Giveaway
- Winner of the Transcend Oil Candle Giveaway
- Aromatherapy Candles by Firefly – Zen Petite – Refillable
- The Great Firefly Oil Candle Giveaway 2014!
- How To Color Lamp Oil
- How to Thread a Wick into a Wick Holder