Aura Petite Oil Candle
Buy More, Pay Less.
Give the gift of warmth and light when you give a Firefly Aura Petite Oil Candle to a loved one. A customer favorite! Many people order multiple Aura Petite’s to create candle-lit centerpieces that will create a lifetime of memories in your home.
Each lamp holds 2.75oz of lamp oil which can be added to your order in 16oz or 32oz sizes. You can also color your lamp oil with our oil dyes to match any occasion or decor.
Our Firefly Aura Petite Glass Oil Candle is a customer favorite. Generally, people like to purchase 3 to 5 for use around their homes or to add interest and ambiance to a table centerpiece.
At this price point, under $25, the Aura Oil Candle makes a unique gift for her birthday, Mother’s Day, or for no special occasion!
I’ve colored the lamp oil with Firefly Lamp Oil Dye. With the dye pack – yellow, blue and red – I can create any color I like… super inexpensively. I can easily change the color by adding more lamp oil and then touching it up with a little dye. Christmas red is fun and aqua for summer are favorites and a light soothing lavender for any time. There is an instructional tutorial on adding dye to your lamp oil.
Aura – Standing alone projecting a powerful AURA of comforting light – a sturdy refillable, dripless molded square glass oil candle from Firefly where a distinctive light source is desired.
- The Aura Petite holds approximately 2.75 Ounces of Lamp Oil.
- Hand-Crafted, Molded, Thick Soda Glass Refillable Oil Lamp Candle
- Because Our Candles are Hand-Crafted, They are NOT Perfectly Formed like a Machine-Made Product. Each Aura Petite has its own character utilizing the best-quality soda glass. They are designed to be attractive, functional and sturdy.
- The Aura Petite is a Cube. Its diameter is 2 inches and is 2 in height. The height to the tip of the wick is about 3-1/2 inches.
- Burn Time: Approx. 6 hours per ounce using Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil. Times may vary. The Aura Petite square glass candle uses a Firefly 2.6mm Wick (included). Replacement wicks are available.
- The Lamp Oil is NOT included.
- A Small Plastic Funnel is Included for Easy Refilling.
Lovingly Caring for Your Firefly Oil Candles
Recommended Lamp Oil
We recommend using Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil or Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil because both are designed to burn very cleanly producing virtually no soot, smoke or odor. If you choose another brand, please select a high-quality pure liquid paraffin oil.
NEVER MIX FUELS as mixing will change the burning characteristics.
You want a combustible fuel, NOT a FLAMMABLE fuel. NEVER USE KEROSENE, ACETONE, ALCOHOL, GASOLINE or PAINT THINNER . Sorry for shouting but it’s important 🙂 and please do not use any kind of vegetable oil as it is not a proper fuel for your oil candle.
The wick is the highway for the fuel. Please be sure the wick is completely saturated before lighting it. If you light the wick before it is completely saturated, you will burn the wick and experience smoke.
Never let the fuel run dry as the wick will be compromised and doing so will significantly limit the lifetime of the wick. Wicks require trimming over time when you notice they are not performing properly. Simply, twist and push the wick through the collar and trim to the bottom of the scorched area. IMPORTANT: Untwist the wick before readjusting to the appropriate height, otherwise, your highway becomes a bumpy back road!
The height of the wick should be about 1/16” or less above the collar for the best performance. Flames grow after the initial lighting. Wait for 5 minutes.
Rethreading Your Wick
Oh No! You pulled the wick out of the collar, now what do you do? Easy!
Filling Your Candle
Hold the small plastic tab at the top of the funnel. Insert into the candle. Keep elevated above the candle neck. DO NOT rest the funnel on the candle neck as this will restrict the flow of fuel causing the fuel to potentially overflow making a real mess!
You can figure about 6-8+ hours per ounce of fuel. Firefly CLEAN will burn significantly longer than Firefly Paraffin.
Additional Important Info
• DO NOT overfill your oil candle. Fill your oil candle 3/4 or less full.
• Never leave burning candles unattended
• The wick collar gets very hot. Let it cool for 10 minutes before touching.
• Lamp Oil is poisonous. Keep it in a safe place.
• Place your candle on a flat, stable surface away from any traffic.
- Creative Ways To Upcycle Oil Candle Jars
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Buy Non-Toxic Candles
- How To Style and Decorate Plain Pillar Candles
- 5 Creative Uses of Tea Light Candles for Any Space
- 5 Benefits To Choosing Products That Use Borosilicate Glass
- Lamp Oil Burn Times in Refillable Tea Light Candles
- Oil Candles & Lamps by Firefly – Maintenance Tips
- Aromatherapy Candle – Zen Petite by Firefly – It’s Refillable!
- Firefly Pillar Oil Candle Gift Set Giveaway
- Winner of the Transcend Oil Candle Giveaway