Eco-Friendly Safe & Green Lamp Oil – The ONE Fuel
$16.99 – $675.99
The ONE fuel for all of your needs. Safe, non-toxic, readily biodegradable and virtually odorless. For use in all of your favorite candles, lamps, or other oil vessels.
Buy More, Pay Less.
|Quantity||1+||2 - 3||4+|
|Price||$16.99 – $675.99||$16.14 – $642.19||$15.29 – $608.39|
SAFE & GREEN LAMP OIL – THE ONE FUEL
Firefly Safe & Green Lamp Oil is an odorless, non toxic and readily biodegradable Lamp Oil. This fuel can be used indoors or outdoors. Firefly Safe & Green Lamp Oil is available in 32-oz, gallons, 5 gallons, 55-gallon drums, barrels and 330-gallon totes. The small bottles, 16- and 32-ounces include a screw-on pour spout for easy filling.
ECO-FRIENDLY, NON TOXIC, READILY BIODEGRADABLE and VIRTUALLY ODORLESS
The ONE Fuel For All Of Your Needs. This Product Does Not Contain Any Hazardous Chemicals Listed Under The US Clean-water Act Or California Prop. 65. It’s the perfect substitute/alternative to Paraffin And Kerosene Lamp Oil. It is a combustible, NOT flammable, fuel which is exempt from Department of Transportation Regulations because it is so safe.
ADD ESSENTIAL OILS
You can become the master of your outdoor space by adding essential oils like Citronella, Eucalyptus, Catnip, Cedarwood, etc. Start by adding 1 ounce per gallon.
SMALL ROUND OR FLAT WICK PERFORMANCE
Smokeless When Used In Vessels That Utilize Small, Round Wicks (1/4″ or less) Or Flat Wicks (1″ or lesss) For Example… Smokeless When Used In Vessels That Utilize A Small Or Flat Wick For Example… Liquid Oil Candles, Oil Lamps, Cold-blast Lanterns, Indoor Kerosene Heaters, Vintage Rayo Center Draft Lamps, Hurricane Lanterns, Diy Mason Jars, Etc.
LARGE WICK (3/8″+) PERFORMANCE (Tiki Torches)
The larger the wick, the more potential for smoke. Smoke or no smoke depends on the height of the wick. Here is what we suggest… Setting The Wick: Set The Wick Ever So Slightly Above The Wick Holder, About 1/16” To Reduce Smoke And Conserve Fuel. The Flame Will Reach Its Maximum Height Within 5 Minutes.
The two variables that affect results are contaminated wicks and wicks that are simply exposed too much. Your torch wastes fuel and smokes excessively when the wick is over-exposed.
The wicks should not be exposed more than 1/16″ to provide a nice flame. We keep ours flush with the collar. There are some torches that have poor wick collars that don’t manage the flow of fuel up the wick properly and may require even lower wick heights. Be sure to use high-quality, fiberglass tiki torch wicks.
Contaminated wicks are another culprit contributing to poor performance. If you leave your torches outside and uncovered, your wick is soaking up that lovely rainwater. Additionally, if you change fuels, you need to change the wick too or at least dry it out and then soak in Firefly Fuel. You must also empty the torch reservoirs to insure our tiki torch fuel is not mixed with whatever fuel you have been using as the performance will be compromised.
About Our Lamp Oil Packaging
Finally, here are other considerations that may be of interest. Our plastic bottles are recylable. Firefly Fuels use commercial-style bottles and our 32-ounce and 128-ounce bottles use childproof caps. Additionally, there are NO inactive ingredients, such as colorants, which reduce purity.
And, what about potential leakage during shipping We electronically seal our bottles to prevent leakage and our packaging has been tested and approved by FedEx to ensure the product gets to you in tip-top shape.
Consequently, we have very little damage.
I’d like to give you some important tips so that you can get the maximum performance from Firefly Fuels.
All Firefly Fuels require a wick to burn and are combustible, not flammable. Our fuels should not be used in vessels that require alcohol-based fuels.
1) Remove old residual fuel from the fuel reservoir before filling with Firefly Fuel. It doesn’t need to be dishwasher clean, but you certainly don’t want to mix fuels together. Mixing fuels will change their burning properties and may cause excessive smoke.
2) Use a clean wick. The wick is the delivery vehicle for the fuel. If the wick is contaminated with old fuel or water, it will not perform properly. In a pinch, if you only have one wick, the following steps have worked well for our customers. 1) Dry the wick as much as possible using a paper towel. 2) Soak the wick in Firefly Fuel until it is completely saturated. That’s it!
3) The wick should be as low as possible. This will reduce smoke, provide a more consistent flame and conserve fuel. When I say low, I mean just barely above the wick holder. Within 5 minutes your flame will reach its maximum height.
4) When we add citronella or eucalyptus oil to the fuel, it is for the purpose of helping to deter bugs. The base fuel is odorless; however, adding the oils provides a mild scent of either citronella or eucalyptus. For those wanting a stronger scent, we have designed 2 patented aromatherapy candles, the Zen and Zen Petite. These candles allow you to add essential oils to the “Aroma Deck” which throws the scent. The benefits are…1.) You will use considerably less essential oil to achieve a strong scent. 2.) You will not contaminate the fuel, and it will burn cleanly. 3.) You can easily change the scent.
5) FYI. Why is there a stream of smoke when blowing out a flame? This stream is vapor that has condensed into a visible form. It continues to form as long as the wick is hot enough to vaporize. If you touch a lit match to the stream, a flame will run down it and re-light the wick.
6) Excessive smoke can also be caused by wind which inhibits the fuel from completely burning.
7) If you are purchasing a 5-gallon container, Here is a BLOG POST showing how to install the spigot into the 5-gallon container for easy access.
- Soy vs. Paraffin: What Are the Key Differences?
- Four Useful Tips for Keeping Mosquitoes Away This Summer
- Picking the Right Fuel for the Job – Free Shipping
- To smoke or not to smoke?
- How long does paraffin lamp oil last?
- Playing with fire CAN be fun!
- Fire Fly Fuels, Inc. Introduces Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic Safe & Green Tiki Torch Fuel and Lamp Oil for Indoor/Outdoor Use
- Lamp Oil and Tiki Torch Fuel Alternatives
- Lamp Oil Burn Times in Refillable Tea Light Candles
- 5-Gallon Containers of Firefly Bulk Lamp Oil or Tiki Torch Fuel