Wine Bottle Oil Lamp Kit by Firefly Design
Buy More, Pay Less.
Firefly Design Wine Bottle Oil Lamp Kit
Wine Bottle Oil Lamp Kit
Firefly Hand-Blown Borosilicate Glass Globe Creates an Amazingly Beautiful Wine Bottle Oil Lamp or Tiki Torch.
Firefly Brand DIY Wine Bottle Lamp Kit includes a handblown glass flame protector, a 3/8″ Fiberglass Wick and Aluminum Wick Holder. Fits most red and white wine bottles. The globe DOES NOT fit Champagne bottles.
We think the size and shape of the globe, from a design perspective, are more proportional to the wine bottle. The larger globe also allows for a lot of air circulation around the flame which produces a larger flame and reduces smoke and soot.
- Approximate Dimensions…
Height: 6” (152.39 mm)Neck Diameter: 1-3/8” (34.925 mm)
Neck Height: 2-1/4” (57.15 mm)
Width (Widest Point) 4-1/4”
Hole Diameter is a Little greater than 5/8”
Wick Holder is about 5/8″ (15.875mm) where it slides into the bottle. The rim is about 1.25″ (31.75 mm) where it rests on the bottle neck.
- Wine Bottle Light Kit Fits Standard-Size Win Bottles. It DOES NOT fit Champagne Bottles. If you are concerned about the fit, please call us at 888-472-6740. Also, check out the video tab on this page which shows the fit you should expect.
- Don’t miss the Tips tab.
- Yes. We PERSONALLY Emptied and Slipped the Globe on the Following Bottles… – Lola, Bogle, Goats Do Roam, BV, Muirwood, Giribaldi, Achaval Ferrer, Santa Florentina, San Pellegrino, Green’s All Natural Endeavour Beer, Amalaya
- Makes the Perfect Gift for Wine Enthusiasts
Tips for Using Your Firefly Wine Bottle Accessories
This user guide covers a variety of Wine Bottle Accessories we offer through Amazon. The guide provides tips for Firefly Wine Bottle Oil Lamp Kits, Glass Globes and Fiberglass Wicks with Aluminum Wick Holders. It is pertinent to the product you purchased from Amazon.
The Glass Globe
We designed the handblown borosillicate glass globe to fit standard-size red and white wine bottles. Yes, we tested the globe on a large variety of bottles – Chardonnay, Malbec, Pinot Noir, Barbaresco, Cabernet, San Pelligrino, Beer, etc. And, yes, we did have the pleasure of drinking the contents! We found the globe fit all bottles tested; some required a little maneuvering to ensure the globe was straight. but all fit.
Recommended Lamp Oil
We recommend using Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil because it is designed to burn very cleanly producing virtually no soot, smoke or odor. If you choose another brand, please select a high-quality pure liquid paraffin oil.
NEVER MIX FUELS as mixing will change the burning characteristics. Never mix fuel with any other liquid such as water.
You want a combustible fuel, NOT a FLAMMABLE fuel. NEVER USE KEROSENE, ACETONE, ALCOHOL, GASOLINE or PAINT THINNER. Sorry for shouting but it’s important 🙂 and please do not use any kind of vegetable oil as it not a proper fuel for your oil candle.
All About the Wick
The wick is the highway for the fuel. Please be sure the wick is completely saturated before lighting it. If you light the wick before it is completely saturated, you will burn the wick and experience smoke.
Never let the fuel run dry as the wick will be compromised and doing so will significantly limit the lifetime of the wick.
Wicks require trimming over time when you notice they are not performing properly. Simply, twist and push the wick through the collar and trim to the bottom of the scorched area. IMPORTANT: Untwist the wick before readjusting to the appropriate height, otherwise, your highway becomes a bumpy back road!
The height of the wick should be about 1/16” or less above the collar for the best performance and to conserve fuel. Flames grow after the initial lighting. Wait for 5 minutes. You will be surprised how little wick you actually need. When properly maintained, the wick will last at least a year.
Filling Your Wine Bottle with Fuel
I would recommend filling the wine bottle 90% with fuel for a couple of reasons.
1) You won’t need to refill so often.
2) Once the fuel level is less than 1/2 full, the flame will start to suffer because it’s a long draw to the top of the wick.
NEVER mix the fuel with water or another fuel.
You can figure about 3 to 4-1/2 hours per ounce of fuel. Firefly CLEAN will burn significantly longer than Firefly Paraffin and Firefly Safe & Green Fuel.
Over time, there will be an accumulation of residue. It’s “powder like”. Simply use a dry paper towel to remove it. You can also hand wash the globe in soapy water.
Additonal Important Info
• The globe and wick holder get VERY hot. Extinguish and let cool for 10 minutes before touching.
• Never leave burning wine bottle oil lamps unattended.
• Petroleum-based Lamp Oil is poisonous. Keep it in a safe place.
• Place your wine bottle oil lamp on a flat, stable surface away from any traffic.