Maui Tiki Torch
2-Pack – Copper Maui Tiki Torches (Not Available for Free Shipping)
ON SALE! Minor scratches and finish issues on this batch of Maui Tiki Torches. It looks pretty nice out of the box but the weather will stain it. Be sure to view the photos. Our loss your gain.
Let’s take a look at the features of the Firefly Maui Tiki Torch…
• Solid Copper Construction
• Brass, threaded Wick Collar for Security in the Event of a tip over eliminates fuel spillage.
• Convenient, No-mess refill. Simply, unscrew the wing-shaped “thingy” and pour in the fuel. If you have a better name for the “thingy”, we’d like to hear it!
• The tiki torch fits securely in 9 black fingers for maximum fit and stabilization. Other manufacturers utilize a less expensive support system.
• Table-top ready or can be used with the included cradle and 2-piece black steel pole both of which are Powder Coated which protect the steel from the elements.
• The Firefly Maui Tiki Torches holds approximately 40-usable ounces of fuel. When used with Firefly Tiki Torch Fuel, we experienced a burn time of 4 hours per ounce of fuel when the wick is set slightly above the wick holder. Be sure to watch the video under the VIDEO TAB.
• Fiberglas wick
We suggest using Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil when your torch is located on a table-top, in close proximity or inside. Where there is plenty of ventilation, Firefly Tiki Torch Fuel is the winner! It lasts significantly longer than Paraffin Lamp Oil, costs less, no odor, and produces significantly less soot and smoke than Big-Box Tiki Fuel. Both fuels are available with Citronella or Eucalyptus Oil which help deter bugs while adding a hint of a pleasant scent.
Wick-height management is fundamental to your experience. We suggest keeping the wick as low as possible to reduce soot and smoke and to conserve fuel. Your torch will reach its maximum flame within 5 minutes.
Torch: 8″ W by 4-3/4″ H
Cradle: 7″ W by 5-3/4 H
Pole: 55-3/4″ x 3/4″ D
Lovingly Caring for Your Firefly Oil Candles
Recommended Lamp Oil
We recommend using Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil or Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil because both are designed to burn very cleanly producing virtually no soot, smoke or odor. If you choose another brand, please select a high-quality pure liquid paraffin oil.
NEVER MIX FUELS as mixing will change the burning characteristics.
You want a combustible fuel, NOT a FLAMMABLE fuel. NEVER USE KEROSENE, ACETONE, ALCOHOL, GASOLINE or PAINT THINNER . Sorry for shouting but it’s important 🙂 and please do not use any kind of vegetable oil as it is not a proper fuel for your oil candle.
The wick is the highway for the fuel. Please be sure the wick is completely saturated before lighting it. If you light the wick before it is completely saturated, you will burn the wick and experience smoke.
Never let the fuel run dry as the wick will be compromised and doing so will significantly limit the lifetime of the wick. Wicks require trimming over time when you notice they are not performing properly. Simply, twist and push the wick through the collar and trim to the bottom of the scorched area. IMPORTANT: Untwist the wick before readjusting to the appropriate height, otherwise, your highway becomes a bumpy back road!
The height of the wick should be about 1/16” or less above the collar for the best performance. Flames grow after the initial lighting. Wait for 5 minutes.
Rethreading Your Wick
Oh No! You pulled the wick out of the collar, now what do you do? Easy!
Filling Your Candle
Hold the small plastic tab at the top of the funnel. Insert into the candle. Keep elevated above the candle neck. DO NOT rest the funnel on the candle neck as this will restrict the flow of fuel causing the fuel to potentially overflow making a real mess!
You can figure about 6-8+ hours per ounce of fuel. Firefly CLEAN will burn significantly longer than Firefly Paraffin.
Additional Important Info
• DO NOT overfill your oil candle. Fill your oil candle 3/4 or less full.
• Never leave burning candles unattended
• The wick collar gets very hot. Let it cool for 10 minutes before touching.
• Lamp Oil is poisonous. Keep it in a safe place.
• Place your candle on a flat, stable surface away from any traffic.
- 5 Benefits To Choosing Products That Use Borosilicate Glass
- Lamp Oil Burn Times in Refillable Tea Light Candles
- Oil Candles & Lamps by Firefly – Maintenance Tips
- Aromatherapy Candle – Zen Petite by Firefly – It’s Refillable!
- Firefly Pillar Oil Candle Gift Set Giveaway
- Winner of the Transcend Oil Candle Giveaway
- Aromatherapy Candles by Firefly – Zen Petite – Refillable
- The Great Firefly Oil Candle Giveaway 2014!
- How To Color Lamp Oil
- How to Thread a Wick into a Wick Holder