W.T. Kirkman Lantern
Learn More About Our W.T. Kirkman Lantern
The W.T. Kirkman No. 2 Champion is our most popular and best selling lantern, and now features a full weight pressed “Loc-Nob” globe bearing the W.T. Kirkman trademark. The No. 2 Champion features the improved WTK #262 wing-lock burner for superior performance and the highest wind resistance. The extra durable galvanized construction is well suited for the most demanding applications, and is especially appropriate where an historically accurate unpainted finish is needed. Here is an outside review of the No. 2 Champion worth reading.
The 4th photo shows the No. 2, 15″ Champion in the Foreground and the 12″ Little Champ in the background. For those who are interested in the tables, I purchased them from Wisteria… Ceramic Cumulus Stools.
The 3rd photo shows the Little Champ on the left and the Champion on the right. The Champion is more elegant and elongated, in our opinion, and it holds considerably more fuel than the Little Champ.
The lanterns include a handy funnel for filling located inside the globe when shipped. PLEASE REMOVE BEFORE LIGHTING!
- 15″ height (bail Up height 20 1/2″)
- Average 12-14 candle power,(maximum 20 c.p.)
- 7/8″ wick
- 31 oz. fount capacity, 27-hour burning time
- Approx. thermal output: 1,400 BTU per hour
- Operates on average at 6 cents per hour’s worth of lamp oil
12″ Little Champ
- 12″ high (bail Up height 16 1/4″)
- Average 9 candle power (maximum 12 c.p.)
- 5/8″ wick
- 9 oz. fount capacity, 12-hour burning time
- Approx. thermal output: 1100 BTU per hour
- Operates on average at 4 cents per hour’s worth of lamp oil.